Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

As young as I can remember, my mom has been exercising. I remember sitting in the back at her Jazzercise class, I must have been 5. I'd help pass out frozen hand towels to all the sweaty, exhausted ladies when they were done. Around 8 years old I took a tap dance class at the city community center and my mom joined another Jazzercise class there and I'd watch from the balcony and kind of bop along to the ones I knew. Lots of 90's tech, Ace of Base, ya know, "Night At The Roxbury" stuff!

I got into my teen years and I lovingly dubed her "the food nazi". Nice, I know. She was constantly reminding me how many calories are in this or that and she regularly rejected the family's request for our old favorite dinner... beer battered chicken. Those days were over. She picked up pilates and Yoga Booty Ballet, which I scoffed at. I'm not gonna do that silly junk with those peppy hippies cheering me on, no thanks......
Yea, little did I know. Yoga Booty Ballet became one of my favorite low-impact programs with some of my absolute favorite ab exercises I've tried yet! And in recent years I picked up P90X, became a Beachbody fitness coach and to my great astonishment.... Yoga Booty Ballet is from Beachbody! DOH!

My mom is coming up on 60 years old and she still works out! She even did P90X with me for about a year! So much of what I know is thanks to her, and now I understand her "food nazi" ways. And some day, when I have grandbabies, I'm gonna be a fit grandma like my mom. She inpires me in so many ways. You're never to old to be in shape!




No comments:

Post a Comment